Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mind Frenzy

My mind is a frenzy of thoughts and wonderings. There is a lot unknown. There are a lot of questions yet to be answered. Where will we live? Will we get our Visa's approved? Is the house deal going to be okay? What about the family? What about this and that? Today it has been overwhelming me. Taking me over like some wild murderous man has stolen a car and taken off carelessly through a perfectly good city. Wreaking havoc at every turn. One of my favorite authors calls it "crazy brain." Recently, quite frequently, I have thought my head may explode and that my face may actually fly off. Then I would be scattered around in tiny pieces, there to worry no longer.

Perhaps this is my problem, the worrying. To give way to anxiety or unease; allowing one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles. I've always struggled with the nerves. But, I thought I was beyond it. Since God tells us there is no need, He's got it all covered. About how He takes care of the birds of the air and flowers of the field. If I could just rest easy knowing its in His hands.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6

The other day I asked my Phyllis, as I affectionately refer to her, "how can I be more of an optimist?" She says to me, "well what you could do is very simple but can be difficult. Ask God to give you His eyes to see with. His eyes to see people. His eyes to see a room or a situation. With grace and mercy. Then you may begin to see more positively." This is why I pay her the big bucks.

On days like today when thoughts and wonderings go swirling in my mind making butterflies in my stomach, the most profound prayer I can muster is: Lord, I need Your help.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in time of need. Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment