Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Boxes


I prayed to God for boxes. I walked into my office and the underneath of my desk was filled with boxes.

I prayed to the Lord for encouragement when I felt the weight of the world on me. Friends came to my aid unawares with cards, little gifts and sweet words like honeycomb. Lifting my spirit, holding it up, spurring me on to keep going and press on. They warmed my heart and made it beat, putting the bounce back in my step.

What can I do but throw my hands up in praise and wonder of God. His friendship astounds me. It matters and it is everything to me. Let me tell you what He has done for me He will do for you:

  • Come and listen, all you who fear God;
  • let me tell you what he has done for me.
  • I cried out to him with my mouth;
  • his praise was on my tongue.
  • If I had cherished sin in my heart,
  • the Lord would not have listened;
  • but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.
  • Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
Psalm 66:16-20

No comments:

Post a Comment